Sunday, December 12, 2010

Snatch

I feel myself spat out into some filthy pond.
Never before had I seen water like this. How am I supposed to breathe?

The top, covered by ice. My fingertips trace the air bubbles trapped between the water and the freedom above.

One of the giants cracks a hole through the surface. Thank you giant.

My arms drag me over the ice and up the sandy floor away from the scum.
The sun hits my bare back and as I throw my head back to soak it in...snatch.

Up
up
up.

Higher and higher. What do I look like, a worm?

The claws squeeze tight around my waste and I feel the life being forced from me, but I appreciate the warmth of the provided blanket.

Over the mountains with homes inside. It sets us on a rail. I look up and there's Phoebe Kules looking right at me. She can't be. Her eyes are locked in a gaze. This can't happen.

Snatch.

And off into the air we begin again.

No comments:

Post a Comment